We know what you’re thinking. 2022, already? Time is flying and the future is already here. From self-driving cars to 3D printers, we are being introduced to technologies that were inconceivable at the beginning of the century.
With the world evolving at such a rapid pace, it is essential to prioritize change and adaptation at the forefront of your business strategy in order to gain a competitive advantage as an industry leader.
Something we love about Salesloft is how they are not afraid to embrace change. Salesloft acts as an innovative solution to centralize business activities involving customer outreach. While the enterprise began as a startup, it soon evolved into the #1 sales engagement platform after gaining momentum from major clients.
Whether you are a Salesforce user or not, keep reading to learn more about how the business environment is predicted to change in 2022 and why you should integrate LinkedIn into your sales strategy to adapt accordingly.
1. Social Selling Is The New Mass Marketing
Up until recently, the art of selling has prioritized quantity over quality. From the dreaded cold call to the mass marketing email campaigns, sales reps are constantly pressured to convert as many leads as possible, no matter the quality.
While these used to be effective tactics, the reality is that many people are becoming increasingly aware of these superficial strategies and giving priority to brands that they can build a genuine connection with.
Consequently, social selling has become the new gold standard, especially for B2B strategies. In brief, social selling prioritizes building long term relationships with clients while targeting their unique pain points.
This strategy takes the pushiness out of the sale by giving prospects the opportunity to purchase if and when they are ready.
In terms of B2B sales, social selling typically takes place on LinkedIn due to its professional nature. In fact, 80% of B2B social media leads come from LinkedIn.
Social selling is much more profitable in the long-run than its mass marketing counterpart, because it brings in customers that are highly qualified and almost guaranteed to stay. For more information on social selling, check out Leadjet’s article which covers The Truth About Social Selling.
LinkedIn is a network made up of almost 800 million professionals so if you’re not sure where to begin with social selling, it is a great place to start. When prospecting on LinkedIn, it is exhausting to constantly switch tabs and copy and paste information between platforms.
To eliminate this hassle, Leadjet has integrated with Salesloft so that you can enrich contacts and add them to your desired Salesloft cadence without ever leaving your prospect’s LinkedIn profile.
2. Adopt a Funnel-Based Marketing Approach
Part of social selling encompasses reaching out to prospective customers through a variety of different channels. Because your prospects will proceed at their own pace, all of your leads are bound to be in different stages of the sales process at any given time.
This makes it difficult to keep up with what call needs to be made or what email needs to be sent to which person, in which timezone, at what time. Sound overwhelming? With Salesloft, it doesn’t have to be.
Within Salesloft’s interface, you can create a specific cadence for each one of your leads and customize it to their needs accordingly. On your Dashboard, you will see an overview of the tasks that need to be completed every day and have access to each of your prospect’s profiles. You even have the option to take actions directly from the Salesloft platform such as booking meetings, sending emails (using templates if you choose), and making phone calls.
All of your activities will be logged automatically, allowing you to tailor your marketing approach to each person’s unique stage and proceed with moving them further down the funnel.
Traditionally, after you prospect on LinkedIn, you would have to copy and paste your prospects into Salesforce, manually enrich them with email, and push them into the right cadence in Salesloft.
Now that Leadjet bridges the gap between the two platforms, you can turn any of your LinkedIn prospects directly into Salesloft contacts, send them to your desired cadence, and track their stage without leaving LinkedIn. Leadjet also helps to record all of your LinkedIn and Salesloft activities in Salesforce, eliminating manual lead capture and data entry.
3. Use Data-Driven Decision Making
With all of the tools we have available at our disposal in the modern day and age, collecting data is easier than ever. But what’s the point of collecting this data if it is never put to use?
Too often, people fail to take advantage of the data that people willingly choose to share on LinkedIn. From their contact information and company to their interests and schooling, you can capitalize off of this data to directly appeal to the wants and needs of your prospect.
Whether it's making a connection about a company that you both previously worked for or sending them a message in a shared language, there are many ways that you can use a prospect’s LinkedIn profile to your advantage when making a pitch.
With Leadjet, you can create customized fields directly on an individual’s LinkedIn profile to make note of relevant information and automatically synchronize it to your CRM.
Salesloft also acts as a supplemental data tool, because it provides insights based on the actions that are taken within the platform, giving you a consistently updated summary of your contacts’ behaviors. In the Analytics Overview tab, you can view and compare all of the different analytics that Salesforce tracks. This feature allows you to make educated business decisions based on immediate data!
For example, if you see that one of your prospects opened an email but didn’t reply, you will know to send them a follow up and can even set a reminder or timer for it to deploy after a certain period of time.
4. Integrate External Tools
There are a plethora of sales productivity and intelligence tools available that can boost your performance.
We all want to excel in our jobs, right? Stop making your life harder and go browse the Chrome Web Store or App Directory on your CRM platform to see if there is anything that catches your eye. Using tools to capitalize on your weaknesses can make a huge impact on your overall success.
Here are our top 3 LinkedIn tools you might want to consider:
- Leadjet: Leadjet serves as an “all-in-one” tool, because it combines many features from existing tools on the market. From synchronizing messages and data to your CRM to enriching contacts and providing smart messaging templates, Leadjet has many features that are sure to assist you in every step of the sales process. Work on LinkedIn while automatically updating your CRM without ever breaking your workflow!
- Sales Navigator: Sales Navigator is an essential tool for business professionals that acts as a lead generator. More specifically, Sales Navigator offers a variety of search criteria and filters that will help you to narrow down your search when browsing for prospective clients. Once you find a contact that appeals to you, Sales Navigator provides you with an overview of their professional profile and allows you to group different people according to criteria chosen by you.
- Lempod: Lempod is a unique tool that helps to boost engagement on LinkedIn. To do so, you will join relevant pods composed of real LinkedIn users from around the world. Once you join a pod, you are agreeing to automatically like, comment, or reshare other pod members’ posts, and they will do the same for you. Ultimately, this tool increases engagement with no additional work on your end.
Here are our top 3 Salesloft tools you might want to consider:
- Owler: Owler is an integration that provides competitor insights, allowing you to access hard-to-find information in real-time. From employee profiles to annual revenue, Owler will help you stay ahead of your competitors and up-to-date on different industries to give your business a competitive advantage.
- Crystal: Crystal is an integration that spruces up your sales, hiring, and training processes by providing insights on how to empathetically connect with your contacts based on components of their personalities. Crystal helps you build more meaningful relationships by providing you with the resources to adjust your communication strategy on a person to person basis. The Crystal integration is included within Salesloft’s enterprise plan.
- Gong: Gong is an integration that automatically records, transcribes, and analyzes your sales calls to highlight areas for improvement or replication. By understanding which calls yield the highest number of conversions, you can evaluate your own performance and mimic the tactics that are working best. By rewatching your team’s calls, you can identify the techniques that the highest performing sales reps are using and use the videos to train others.
The times are changing, and you can either change with them or get left behind. This doesn’t mean you have to reinvent your entire sales approach, but try taking advantage of these LinkedIn hacks to boost your social selling ROI.
Salesloft is a great resource to centralize your daily social selling, marketing, and data-driven activities, and Leadjet is here to bridge the gap between LinkedIn, Salesloft, and Salesforce. Eliminate the hassle of manually transferring data between platforms, and never miss a beat when it comes to keeping everything up-to-date.